Thursday 7 January 2016

Olayinka adapts to life at Gent

KAA Gent new signing Peter Olayinka is getting into his groove at the Belgian champions after making a winter move from Albanian side KF Skënderbeu Korçë.

The 20-year-old Nigerian was added to the Gent side who already have Nigerian international Moses Simon in their ranks.

Olayinka told Belgian football website voetbalkrant.com that he has settled in nicely and is happy with the help given to him by Simon and Ghanaian defender Nana Asare.

"I knew Moses (Simon) before I got here, at least not personally. But now he is my brother here," Olayinka said.

“Asare also takes care of any African newcomer. He is not a brother, Nana is my daddy.”

Olayinka also spoke about his experience with the team and what he hopes to achieve with the Buffaloes.

"It's a very good team, with great players. Very intelligent, too. I can certainly learn a lot," the former 36 Lion striker enthused.

“I have a big engine, speed, strength and aggressiveness. Also, my technique is not bad. My best position? I play as a second striker, preferrably in support of a bigger attacker. I’m also comfortable with both feet.

“I want to be a champion with this Gent team and of course play games, but I won’t just talk, action speaks louder than words.

"I will have to show it on the field. With my strengths, I am ready to make an impression here."

No comments:

Post a Comment